Monday 21 October 2013

Day of organised fun for a tike

I've come to the conclusion that little tikes (below school age) can't just be left to amuse themselves.  I felt so worn out the other day (I'm sure you've had MANY days like that!) that I left little Miss 3 to her own devices.  I could hear her little feet running up and down the decking outside and I could also hear her talking to her little dog playmate so I knew she was safe.  What I didn't hear was her opening the door of our wood heater.  Thank goodness it was not going.  I shudder to think if had been.  I also didn't hear her as she busily emptied my hubbies pot plants out onto the ground.  She was soooo busy opening and shutting and rearranging.  It was only later that I found the evidence.

Then she came inside.  I could hear her as she ran up and down the hall and opened and shut doors, so I knew she was safe.  Then I heard a strange squishing.  I went straight away to find out what she'd gotten up to. She was in the bathroom looking guilty.  When I asked what that sound was, she pointed to the bath.  There was a squidge of something.  It turned out she'd squished some sun tan lotion into the bathtub 'to clean it'.  How cute!  It was only later that I found out she'd also squished shampoo and conditioner down the shower outlet and she'd turned on all the bedside lamps and she'd been soooo busy opening and shutting and rearranging things.

It was then that I decided - I am going to make up a daily program of activities and tasks.  She'll be helping me and she'll be learning without even knowing it because she'll be having so much fun.  And I will be organised and not tearing my hair out trying to think up what to do next to keep her occupied and out of mischief.

Join me tomorrow because I'll be posting my first 'day of organised fun for a tike'.

No comments:

Post a Comment